- Project Toward No Drugs Date: August 11-12 Time: 8:00am- 5:00pm Where: New Horizons
- Too Good for Drugs Date: August 29th- 30th Time: 9:00am- 4:00pm Where: New Horizons
- Prevention Ethics Date: August 31st Time: 9:00am- 4:00pm Where: New Horizons
Welcome to the Prevention Resource Center for Region 2
The PRC serves the following Texas counties:
Archer, Baylor, Brown, Callahan, Clay, Coleman, Comanche, Cottle, Eastland, Fisher, Foard, Hardeman, Haskell, Jack, Jones, Kent, Knox, Mitchell, Montague, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Stonewall, Stephens, Taylor, Throckmorton, Wichita, Wilbarger, Young.
PRC Services include:
Coordination and promotion of mental health and Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
(ATOD) prevention training events for Region 2.
- Coordination of regional data collection for the purpose of providing a Regional Needs Assessment that is available to the public.
- Media awareness campaigns to address alcohol and substance abuse issues such as underage drinking, marijuana, and prescription drug abuse.
- Minor and tobacco prevention strategies that include community education and tobacco retailer education efforts.
Additional Training Resources:
Coordinated Training Services' Calendar of Events (phone: 877-287-1533). This site provides information on upcoming trainings held within the State of Texas. Trainings include DSHS required trainings, research based trainings, and other trainings important in the field of substance abuse.
Texas Prevention Training Services
This site provides information on upcoming prevention trainings throughout Texas.
(watch this video)
Director of Operations
PRC Program Director
Training Needs Survey
104 Pine, Suite 3
Abilene, TX 79601
Click here for directions
Phone: (325) 673-3503
Toll Free: (800) 588-8728